We are currently seeking a seasonal tax professional to join our team at Absolute Tax & Financial Solutions. They will work out of our retail tax office in Flagstaff during the tax season Monday-Saturday 9:00am to 7:00pm. This position offers an attractive bonus program in addition to full- or part-time work, depending on your schedule. Specific hours TBD.
Required to apply for this job:
- 2 years of tax preparation experience.
- Flexible to work additional hours at night and on weekends as necessary.
- Must be a team player and present themselves in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, organizational skills and written & verbal communication.
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Certification from the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) is preferred.
- High school or GED is required, college-level courses in accounting preferred.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of state and federal tax form processes and how to prepare each.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and advanced mathematical skills.
- Skilled using tax preparation software.
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing challenging returns.
Responsibilities of Tax Preparer:
- Preparation of Individual and Corporate tax returns in person, through Zoom or on conference call.
- Work closely with clients to obtain personal information regarding potential deductions, grants, allowances, investments, real estate, etc.
- Inform clients of important paperwork and documentation needed to complete tax forms properly.
- Verify tax forms completed by clients to ensure their proper submission.
- Properly research and seek the advice of senior preparers when confronted with particularly challenging tax circumstances.
- Gather appropriate materials regarding yearly tax tables, instructions and forms to accurately calculate taxes.
- Attend continuing education courses to remain aware of changes to tax laws.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org