Automotive Painter & Body Technician
- Are you an auto painter who enjoys disassembling vehicles and putting them back together?
- Do you have a flair for sanding, masking, mixing colors and coating surfaces to be free of blisters and streaks?
- Are you detail-oriented, from minor autobody repairs to applying designs, lettering and decorative finishing touches?
We are looking for an experienced auto painter and body technician to repair, prep and paint our fleet of PINK Adventure vehicles. You will communicate with Service Center personnel to accomplish a variety of tasks and assist in performing rescues as needed.
If you have 5+ years of auto paint and body experience, are familiar with the tools of the trade, and can understand diagnostic charts and technical manuals, we’d love to hear from you! We offer a fun, clean and professional workshop environment.
$22.00 hourly pay. $400 sign-on bonus.
- Follow all safety regulations and use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while on job
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblaster.
- Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Remove accessories from vehicles, such as chrome or mirrors, and mask other surfaces with tape or paper in order to protect them from paint.
- Apply rust-resistant undercoats and caulk and seal seams.
- Apply primer over any repairs made to vehicle surfaces.
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Select paint according to company requirements and match colors of paint following specified color charts or vehicles original colors.
- Mix, stir and thin paints using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
- Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness.
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct their causes.
- Paint areas by hand that cannot be reached with a spray gun or those that need retouching, using brushes.
- Apply designs, lettering, or other identifying or decorative items to finished products using paint brushes or paint sprayers.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Minimum 5 years professional paint and body experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to operate vehicles including test driving in traffic and off road trails
- Experience and ability driving a manual transmission vehicle
- Knowledge of paint and auto body repair machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Valid driver license with acceptable MVD record
- Understand technical operating, service or repair manuals and use auto body repair equipment
- Read work orders, instructions, formulas or processing charts
- Basic Math skills, metric conversion, use of calculator
- Basic computer/PC skills to perform data entry and research
- Applies applicable quality control and safety measures
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- Work well in a team environment
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Time management skills and able to prioritize work load
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicates and shares knowledge with co-workers
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Ability to read and use diagnostic trouble shooting charts